Herein lies my journey from a passionate muggle to the competent practitioner. This is my Attack Path ™
I am attempting to document some of my goals, experience, and learning opportunities as I move through my career within information security. Just like everyone else, allocating the time to go above-and-beyond in every situation, to excel at any task given, and then document it all - it can be challenging if not impossible. I'll update this post over time with more details and updates on my progression.
- 1992 - Got interested in Soda Machine secret menu's
- 199x - Started reading Zines, 2600, etc.
- 199x - Was really intrigued by boxing (blue, beige, etc)
- 1995 - Hackers is released.
- 1996 - Watched Sneakers for the first time (released in 1992). Prior knowledge of phone phreaking gave me a lot of context.
- 1997 - Started to setup wordpress and joomla sites for friends and clients, felt like an elite haxor
- 1998 - Started to attend local security groups
- 1999 - Got heavy into linux, irc, terminal everything, tmux, trying to check my email from Links and Elinks because why not
- 1999 - Starting 'hacking' games. Searching memory values and modifying them for results, softmods
- 2016 - Associates degree in information security
- 2018 - BA in computer science, focus in security
- 2020 - SEC+
- 2021 - eJPT certification through eLearnSecurity
- 2021 - AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- 2021 - OSCP Offensive Security Certified Professional
- 2022 - In-Progress - CRTO Certified Red Team Operator
OSCP is completed. Studied for almost an entire year and knocked it out. The course was challenging and I picked up a good amount of new information.
TryHackMe - Rooms to learn new content.
HackTheBox - Just started playing with this when I have free time.